The 2022 floods in QLD and NSW have left many needing relief and flood support, the following information has been gathered as a resource to assist those impacted by the floods. The NBIA would like to invite those in need to reach out for assistance where needed, we are here to help in good times and bad. Please call our Membership Hotline on 1300 557 022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
General Flood Advice
- Know your local area, particularly if there is a history of flooding.
- Have an emergency kit on hand, including a battery operated radio, torch and spare batteries.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers handy.
- Identify evacuation routes and centres.
- DIY tip – Sandbags can reduce the impact of flooding on your home or business. Find out more about how to use sandbags.
- Stay tuned to local media for current weather advice and warnings.
- Keep an eye out for flood waters.
- Don’t allow children to play in, or near flood waters.
- Follow instructions and directions from local authorities.
- Be ready to evacuate if necessary.
- Never drive in flood waters.
- Never swim or wade in flood waters.
- Continue to monitor your local media for updated information and advice.
Information and Alerts
For life threatening emergencies, call Triple Zero (000) on a landline and 112 on a mobile.
For storm and flood related property damage, call State Emergency Service on 132 500.
Rebuilding your business after a natural disaster
Cleaning up and rebuilding your business after a natural disaster is a big job and can be very overwhelming. Take care, follow safety guidelines, and reach out for assistance when you need it.
Mental Health Support
Alternatively, you can contact one of the following numbers:
Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636